So we’re wondering…what films will be floating your boat this Christmas? There’s so much essential viewing over Christmas that it’s hard to pick one…we think anyway! Have a look at the list below, cast your vote OR let us know in the comments if we’ve missed out on your favourite!
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Miracle on 34th Street
The Santa Clause
It’s A Wonderful Life
They just keep on coming!
We’re loving your suggestions for Christmas tunes that are still flying in!
As per our last post…we’ve been sly and slipped one or two of our favourites in as well – including a Christmas song from…wait for it…AC/DC! Over on Twitter and Facebook we’ve been giving away some great prizes (check out the posts there for more – it’s really easy) and asking you about your favourite Christmas tunes.
Stop The Cavalry
Driving Home for Christmas
All I Want For Christmas
Mistress for Christmas
Stay Another Day
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
It’s almost that time of year! You can almost hear the sleigh-bells…and as sound a bloke as Santa is, he’s also bloody demanding!
He’s coming a long way to be fair, so I suppose it’s only fair that we give himself and Rudolph a little something to nibble on after he’s made his way down the chimney. Here’s something we think he will love, and you’ll love making too. For Rudolph, you can’t go wrong with a carrot. If it ain’t broke and all that jazz…
What you’re going to need:
- 200ml Uncle Jim’s Stout
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp black cocoa (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
What you’re going to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powders, salt, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips.
- In a larger bowl beat the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. Add the maple syrup, vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Alternate the flour and the Uncle Jim’s Stout with the egg mixture until combined.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes, or until it has firmed up enough to scoop out cookies.
- Scoop on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the top springs back lightly when touched.
- Cool completely.
Turn them up good and loud!
The countdown to Christmas is on…and we’re getting excited in the McGargle’s offices!
The tree is up, as are the fairy light reindeer, the baubles, the tinsel and above all, the spirits! Over on Twitter and Facebook we’ve been giving away some great prizes (check out the posts there for more – it’s really easy) and asking you about your favourite Christmas tunes.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular songs as well as a few of our favourites from the office here. Take a listen, get into festive fever and, if the mood takes you, crack open a McGargles! We’ll be compiling more playlists closer to Christmas too, so stay tuned!
Fairytale of New York
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Do They Know It’s Christmas
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
The Most Wonderful Time of The Year
Let It Snow
Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
+353 1 6287255