It’s almost that time of year! You can almost hear the sleigh-bells…and as sound a bloke as Santa is, he’s also bloody demanding!
He’s coming a long way to be fair, so I suppose it’s only fair that we give himself and Rudolph a little something to nibble on after he’s made his way down the chimney. Here’s something we think he will love, and you’ll love making too. For Rudolph, you can’t go wrong with a carrot. If it ain’t broke and all that jazz…
What you’re going to need:
- 200ml Uncle Jim’s Stout
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp black cocoa (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
What you’re going to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powders, salt, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips.
- In a larger bowl beat the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. Add the maple syrup, vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Alternate the flour and the Uncle Jim’s Stout with the egg mixture until combined.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes, or until it has firmed up enough to scoop out cookies.
- Scoop on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the top springs back lightly when touched.
- Cool completely.